Saturday, April 25, 2009

Unusual Saturday Afternoon

Its going to be another long and lonely weekend and week ahead for Hameez and myself.

Our leading lady is missing in action as she just boarded the first flight out this morning to Singapore, after just arriving back from KL yesterday morning, and a few transit stops and insya allah landing in Da Nang, Vietnam by now.

I am still waiting for her to text me. So far she's texted me before boarding the flight to Ho Chi Minh and before getting on a domestic flight to Da Nang.

The usual Saturday afternoon would be, me coming home from work during lunch time and be greeted by my wife and me calling out Hameez's name several times till he looks at me just once to acknowledge me as his eyes returns, fixated, on the squarish coloured box full of animation. Yes I am referring to the telly showing channel 613 on Astro, Hameez's favourite channel, Play House Disney.

After lunch, we'd go out just for the sake of going out, but most of the time we are just running a few errands.

Today, however I felt an emptiness.

So its was just Hameez and me going out to buy cat food and some other things.

We went to Hameez's fave superstore, HH Manggis Mall, thanks so much to who ever invented escalators. His eyes automatically lights up when he sees one and you can see the true expression of joy on my baby boy's face.

Its his 'playground'. he's not even shy to scream out his baby talk. He really loves it there.

Today I used the mini trolley and Hameez was eager to push it around. We moved slowly as I held on to the handle bar and him pushing the mini cart. Yes another toy and another reason to there. Hahaha.

Baby's surprise parents everyday. Yesterday Hameez turned 1 year and 2 months, eventhough he's yet to walk by himself but slowly he's making the effort. Managing a few steps before admitting to defeat and getting down on all fours.

He will walk by himself soon, without the need of a designated 'driver' also known as the person he holds on to when he wants to walk around, as the title was coined by his mommy. Wifey and myself both agree to just let him take his sweet time.

They grow up so fast, Babies I mean. Just the other day, I was browsing through some pictures from last year and Hameez has grown so much. He's still my Baby Boy.

*sigh*

Six sunsets before Wifey comes home.

I pray for your safety and well being.

We miss you!

Love,
Fadly and Hameez

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I seriously understand how you feel. I've been doing it since Aiman was 3 months old and now that he is 5, we somehow get used to it when mommy's not around. The first night usually the hardest night, once they know their mother;s not going to be around, i became the center of attention, something i will not get when she is around, especially from the little girl. I guess we are in the same boat, i am very proud and labbeled my self as 'Super Dad' i even travelled with them once from SIN to BWN. Cheers.

Anonymous said...

I have never come across anyone who expresses his emptiness without the missus around.

I pray for her to come home safely to you and your precious son.

Chef Pol said...

It will all be alrite... :)
I went to SMB, before i Moved to Smja :)

Sorry, if i was being bland. I can't recall you. but COngrats on your winning menu. Lets hope Pablo Does it again :)

Anonymous said...

Don't worry big bro. Different babies have different milestones. It all depends on nature to take its course. Besides, it'd be too fast-paced now wouldn't it if he's already walking? At least he's trying to do it, he's making a big big effort, which is all good. :D

It's also good that he's vocalising and babbling at this stage of time. ;)

Update more on Hameez yes? I hope he likes the Books of Wisdom, even though he's unable to read yet. Read to him ok. :)

xoxo,
Lina