Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Fourteen Days

I remembered when I first started going to the gym. I was full of hope, full of energy and full of determination.

I had a goal in mind and that was to lose weight.

5 months later, I had 11% body fat as measured by the Gym Consultant, Tony @ JPMC and I was wearing a size 34 and wore M sized Tee Shirts.

People say you shave off a few years off your face when you lose weight. I know I did.

I was fit, energetic, always up for any game that involves running.

I had managed to transform my life in a few months with discipline.

I watched what I ate, I counted my calorie intake everyday in my head.

I took my weight lost for granted and sort of neglected running and going to the gym. I only do it in during what ever free time or whenever I feel like it.

So over the months I have gained back the weight which I lost. I never thought I would gain back so much. 

I have not blown up like a blow fish would but rather last december I took part in a health check up and even though the nurse said I was healthy but the number on the weighing scale triggered an alarm in my head.

I need to take a step back and look at my life.

Lucky for me, all this discovery was in the last month of last year. So I made losing weight amongst the things I want to achieve in 2009.

We can only plan ahead and sometimes we do not really know what the future will bring.

A blogger once had this notion on his blog, 'For something to become a routine, one needs 14 day to do the same thing for it to become a habit.'

In am currently on day 8 of my return to habit mode. I miss running and I remembered I once was addicted to running. Just kept on running and running. I had this urge to run everyday. I once took an online bulimic test and the results confirmed I had a minor case of bulimia. If I did not react to it I will surely suffer from it. Alhamdulillah I found out about it.

Now I am slowly getting my determination back. My struggles will soon become a habit and running will not be a chore but an addiction.

Some sacrifices I have to make; No rice but only occasionally but preferable to avoid if necessary. No eating after 8 p.m. I usually cook my own food. 

I feel like I have lost a little weight already, my jeans feel a bit lose so that just fuels my determination even more.

I do short runs daily averaging 3 - 4 Km runs and I shave off 10-25 seconds everyday. 

From experience, its all in the mind. Every activity, I believe, requires not just physical strength but mental strength as well. If you body tells you to give up, tell your mind to be strong. 

Believe in yourself. Adidas quotes "Impossible is nothing".

p.s: I love running in the rain :D

No comments: