Monday, November 19, 2007

Second Five K Run


Had Two rest days over the weekend. I was determined to do a better and hopefully faster 5 k run. After my 500m brisk warm up walk at 5.37 mins. I started my run at 8.0. Reached 2 k at 13 mins. My left leg felt stiff after that. I walked and streched and continued running. At 30 mins I had reached 4.15 k and proceeded to run the remaining distance at 10.0 to 10.5. I increased my speed to 12.0 with 100m left. I am happy to report that I have managed to cut my time by 2 mins, if I am not mistaken that is. I am currently doing some light weight training on my leg muscles. I will start my upper body weight training next week. As I mentioned I want to improve on my running this week. After this I will do 15 mins on the cycling machine and then do my regular abs workout.

No comments: