Monday, May 07, 2007

'High' position - No Vacancy


I finished my lesson and was on my way to the canteen for a quick quench thirst and catch up with some of the guys when I saw this dude.

Took the photo with my K800i and decided not to post it on the spot like I always do. So I made my way back to my table to drop off my things and went to get the school camera. I took some shoots with the 350D and hopefully I will be able to upload it here tomorrow.

This dude is not local, from his accent I am guessing he is Indonesian. I walked past him and said, 'Tidak takut ka?'

He replied, "Jangan pandang bawah aja"

I laughed and replied, "Ya, Jangan pandang belakang ya"

We both laughed.

But seriously! If you look at the photo he is just a less than 10 centimeters away from the railing up on that ladder. My goodness! Why are the safety rules not being enforced? I am trying to be a spoilsport but the dude's life is in danger and I do not believe he has life insurance. We do not know how many people he is supporting back in his home country. I do hope the authorities impose strict rules and regulations on contruction safety. Because I personally believe one day, our locals will eventually have to do construction as a mean of living and by imposing safety features in the construction site would ensure the safety of the personnel at work.

Think Safety First!

No comments: