Monday, April 16, 2007

Scorching afternoon runs

Before I start, I would like to take this opportunity to extend a big thank you to 'Mr BR' and Mr BR Sir you will be missed. I have my 3G phone set to auto update for your blogsite, which means I get daily RSS feed of BR.blogspot evey morning and I always get around to read it during my coffee breaks between classes.

The last post from Mr BR was yesterday, Sunday 15th April 2007. See you around Mr BR Sir. Your contributions have opened the minds of the Now, Younger and Future generation that will one day work together to ensure a sustainable Brunei in the years to come. All the best in your career Sir. I truly believe you have "-- helped foster a better informed Brunei society --"

My JPMC Gym membership expired last Saturday and I have been running outdoors since last week. Even with the 'bug' I just had to run. I am convinced I am a 'Running Addict'. Eventhough I do not run for long distances I at least must do a 3 km run.

I have only managed to do 21 minutes for the 3.33 km run that you may view above. I am hoping to do a faster run in the next couple of days but the weather has been blazing hot. I am sure it was only 33 deg C. The Maximum temperature by the weather forecast is 33 deg C while the minimum is 24 deg C.

I think I do roughly the same time on the treadmill but running outdoors under the sun is a totally different matter. I usually start my run around half past four in the afternoon. I have done this route for 4 days now with the 'bug' and my throat is always very dry after completing 3/4 of the distance. Sometimes I feel like I want to vomit.

If all goes well I shall renew my membership this Friday. I miss going to the gym in the afternoons with all the work I have right now. So many things to do and so little time to spend at the gym. But I always make sure I do my runs.

Today I did my run and played futsal from 6 to 8 pm at JKR with the AiTi-ans. I feel so drained and warm tonight. I am going to bed after this.

I have something interesting to share. Its is vey useful especially for those who plan to shed the 'extra' weight. Plus I would love to share with you what I have gone through the past three months and I have lost 10 kg in 3 months. I guess that is not so good since the normal indicator is to lose 2 kg a month. Perhaps this is why I am experiencing the 'Bug'. Below is the latest picture of SiRT. Excuse me for being *Cough*Vain*Cough*


On a different note, I have gone to 'Dreamcones', the new Gelato Joint in Q-Lap. Mr Reeda was there at the launching and Mr Reeda Sir I agree with you; Who does not love 'Nutella'? I helped myself to Nutella and French Vanilla. It was simply divine. I would recommend it to anyone. Drive yourself down to Q-Lap, it is on the same row as CAM.


9 comments:

Affy said...

how's the pricing range at 'Dream Cones'? Is it reasonable like Swensen's?

Zul-Fadly said...

Hi Affy.

Price? It ia a wee bit expensive perhaps. For a single flavour and this is put on a small cuo will cost someone BND$2.60.

But I tell you it is all worth it. My double scoop cost me BND$4.20. Hope that helps.

Zainal Haji Ahmad said...

You sure have all the characteristics of a running addict. He he he... Right now I am sooooo guilty for not being able to run because of the illness...

Zul-Fadly said...

No worries Bro. I am sure you will be running in no time. Get well soon k

Murabiyyah said...

That's it, Im inspired! 10 in three??? I'm greeeeeeen with envy! hehe well done! =)

Zul-Fadly said...

Hehehe... I am sure others have achieved better results Hehehehe

Reza Faizal said...

maybe his motivation is stronger as he's getting married soon...

Zul-Fadly said...

May be you are right RF Hahahaha...
But I have never felt and looked great before and I am loving it hehehehe.

I will be back in the Gym by Friday. I miss it already hahahaha

Anonymous said...

well done SirT.a vast difference from how u looked 2 yrs ago..impressed!f only i have the will power like u...

p/s: jgn sja balloon up after kawin..hehe looking for to the wedding..regards to zara. :)