Sunday, August 20, 2006

Just me and my week

I had intended to blog twice already during the week but everytime I just fall asleep infront of the laptop. Very brain drained after doing my 'oral' duties.

All week I've occupied myself with some visits to the driving range and some practice rounds at the Par 3 course at JPGCC to get some a feel of the place and my 'swing'. I admit before I'm not a very good golfer but I hope one day I will be good. Its a sport that I love. Its a funny game which involves hitting a small dimpled ball with a club until it get into this tiny hole. But I still love it.

There are so many eye catching issues in the papers for the past couple of days which I wanted to put forward but I think it is kind of 'bangas' now as they say in Brunei. 'Bangas' means 'rotten'.

Waking up early today to take part in the 3rd King of Par3 competition. My first golf tourney and I was very nervous. Why? Because it is my first tourney and I was hoping my irons were going to help me out today.

Yesterday afternoon I did a practice round with my friends and I was terrible. Everything was way off. I lost 5 balls.

But not today. I did not lose any balls which is a plus point for me. My chipping and putting is something I need to work on.

All in all I had a great day out playing in the tourney and I know I want to come back again next year. Hopefully a much better score than this year. But for my first tourney I was not that bad *grining* I am very pleased with myself.

I won a lucky draw prize a $20 voucher redeemable at RBAGC and I guess I have good fashion sense because the committee voted me at the 'Best dressed player' *LoL* *Blushing* Yea!!

My birthday is a few months away and if I had the dosh I would 'love' to get this as my own birthday present. A true beauty - the Adidas Climacool II

5 comments:

BRUNEI resources said...

congratulations! best dressed golfer yesterday - you were really smart.

Zul-Fadly said...

Thank you Mr BR sir. =) It was a pleasure and an honour to meet you. Perhaps I should have intorduced myself better. But hope to see you at the tourney next year. I don't have any pictures of myself but I hope rano can help me out there hehehe

Anonymous said...

where did you get those pants anyway? those pants were pretty smart.. as i saw you come out of your airtrek i thought that guy can win the best dressed golfer.. anyway, i hope you dont mind me linking you..

Zul-Fadly said...

Bet you wouldn't believe me if I told you I've had it since Uni. But I kinda 'grew' out of it and it was only this year when I stuck to my running scheduele that I've manage to fit in to it again and I was so happy. So I decided to wear it for the tourney hehehe. I didn't really expect it but it was a nice surprise.

No prob Rebel. I'll link you as well. Maybe we could have play some golf in the future hehehe...

Anonymous said...

The Original Anonymous

Brain,poetry and style - your other half must be crowing!!!

Congrats for winning the best dressed list.