Sunday, December 16, 2007

KK Road Trip with Fayyad

So yesterday was the first time I was about to drive all the way to KK. Usually it would be my younge brother, Tenno who would be driving to KK and I would do the driving in KK.

So my cousin Fayyad was my co-pilot. A road trip for us and with Hers coming into her 7 months, she was in no condition to travel on a long journey in a car.


So we started our journey at 12 noon. An hour delay from the initial 11 am due to unforseen circumstances. Anyways, the first checkpoint at Kuala Lurah, the traffic was not as bad as we anticipated.

After that we drove to past Limbang and off to Temburong. Second check point was the immigration at Limbang and then the Brunei/Temburong immigration post. That was also not so much of a hassel.

Our first test was the queue at the first ferry to get to Bangar and then off to Labu and then into Sabah. After the ferry, we had to have our passports chopped again at the immigration post near the surau.

Then off we went past Bangar and to Labu. We stopped at the filling station *will insert name after I come back from KK*. It was closed because a shell tank was there to top-up their supply. I asked Fayyad to ask if we could fill up our tank because we just had to and the kind people at the filling station was very nice to fill up our car. THANK YOU!!

Off we went to go past Labu. Then on our way, two cars highlighted us and it was a sign that there was a roadblock/speedtrap up ahead. Fayyad suggested we go at 60 Km/hr and I figured it could not be that slow.

We saw two men dressed up like contractors and they were undercover with the speedtrap machine. I was going at 80 Km/Hr.

We were laughing because they were good at disguising themselves. However, *Jeng*Jeng*Jeng* [Insert laughing sound at background] the police pulled us over.

POLIS: [Bagi salam] Bule minta IC sama lesen biskita?

SiRT: Bah! Ok! Kajap ah. (Smiling and laughing with Fayyad thinking it was just protocol)

POLIS: [Started to jot down my details] Di mana kita keraja? Kontek number kita? Mubail? Upis?

SiRT: [Replies promptly and smiles]

POLIS: Bah biskita tadi speeding ah.

SiRT: [Still smiling] Iawah??!!

POLIS: Awu

SiRT: Berapakan speed limit sini ani?

POLIS: a.. speed limit sini 65 kilomita sejam biskita tadi deraip 83 kilomita sejam

SiRT: [Still smiling] Ahh... Rupanya. Pasalnya nda ada sign speed limit tadi yatah ku pikir 80 kilomita sejam.

So I paid my speeding fine of BND$5o. OMG! I have a bad driving record. My first ticket and I was not driving A.Keys and because I was driving at 83 Km/hr in a very 'busy(not!)' road in Temburong on the way to KK!! WOW!!

I saw the funny side of it. We thought it was hilarious.

Anyways made our way to another immigration post and then to the next ferry.

This was a real test of patience. Some 'nice' people were not so patient and cut the long queue.

We were minding our own business and took the opportunity to play PES2007 on our PSPs. I won the first match 4-3 and drew the second at 1-1. Then we just chilled, listened to songs and waited. Sorry Fayyad, you're reading this now heee~ Don't hate the Playa Hate the Game! Karang Man U Vs Liverpool. May the best team win.

Gotta jet now. Will continue perhaps later or tomorrow.

A 'funny' story at StarBucks which involves PSPs, a 'Nice & Ultra Friendly' Old Man and a sprint to the finish line. Trust me you will want to know. Happy Holidays Peeps!

Congrats to Yumi, Eff, Leen, Deeya and Nurul for your PMB results. To All my Girls I am so proud of You! You all did your very best and you all Passed!! Yipeee!!!

1 comment:

War186 said...

Macam semua orang ke KK. Siuk kah?

Anyway, would you be interested in buying a PES2008 for PS3 for $100? Macam confident ko ada PS3 saja jua tu ah hehe. Do me a favour-tanyakan your friends jua ah 'cos bf ku kan jual sal he just bought Winning Eleven baru so yeah haha.