Monday, June 11, 2007

Slow 5 km run - //edited 140607//

It has been nearly a month since I last went on my favourite tread mill. I was motivated initially to do a 60 minute run. However, I felt tired after 20 minutes. My thighs started to tighten so I had to stop a couple of times to strech my legs. I did the same pre-warm up streches and '5 minute' warm up walk before I started my run. I guess I am abit our of shape to do a long run. I have not neglected my runs. Before he wedding I normally do a 3 km run in the afternoon and on somedays I do two 3 km runs - once in the morning and once in the afternoon. I also managed to do a 4 km run at the gym at Royal Plaza on Scotts on my honeymoon.

I did the above run in the morning after sending my wife off to work. I was unsatisfied with my run and did another run in the afternoon. The Wifey went for brisk walking with her bst friend 'Juice' and I went for a quick run. A 3.6 km run in 20'56" minutes. It was my first time to run in the route below. I passed the 'Gurkha barracks' and the Edinbrugh Palace. I had thought of running up to the MOF building but I did not really want to push myself on the first day. I might injure myself.

Overall, after my run I felt very satisfied. I gained one kilo on my honeymoon and I am freaking out already. I know I should not but I cannot help it. *Sigh* I almost forgot, I ran wearing my new Megabounce. It was very comfortable. Thanks to Adidarwish for recommending me the shoes. It is worth every cent.

2 comments:

Murabiyyah said...

Welcome back SirT! :D

BTW, Im sorry I wasnt able to come to your wedding, I was at another schoolmate's wedding til 3pm! You guys both look great and happy though! Veryy happy for the both of you :))

Reza Faizal said...

welcome back...

Don't worry about your speed... take a while especially after married :)