Saturday, May 12, 2007

Denied by the Man with the Whistle



Above are pictures of the aftermath of the heavy downpour which happened during the match this evening.

It was DPMM FC's home game in a while and the last match was a disaster when we lost at home to Pahang. But a good away result recently which saw the Korean score two goals should have been enough to pull a crowd eventhough it is an 'AF' night for most families.

Everyone would have predicted a win for DPMM FC when hosting bottom half team - Telekom Melaka. But that was not the case. Telekom Melaka started brightly and had most of the possessions earlier on. The away side seemed to have used the same formation as DPMM FC, packing the midfield with 5 players and it looked really crowded!

Just before the half hour mark, signs of rain were present with the strong winds and slowly small droplets were felt on the supporters faces. Then it rained. I wish I had good cover and took some pictures. However the rain was pouring down so hard.

DPMM FC scored right before half time and top scorer in the Super League - Shahrazen added another goal to his already impressive tally to 16 with the leading goal. A few minutes earlier I had actually celebrated a 'goal', which I thought was a goal when Jung had a good strike at the ball only to see it go wide. I was shouting 'Goal!!' *LoL* It was the rain!

Went down for cover in the interval. Most of the people did, except for the ones under the roof. There was this one guy which made the crowd cheer louder, he was in a yellow, goldish coloured shirt. I don't really know what made the crowd cheer him on but I was told he gave the Melaka players the 'X' [Suck it version of De-Generation X from the WWE].

In the second half the referee was inconsistant and blatantly gave away unnecessary freekicks in dangerous areas to Telekom Melaka. But fortunately the defence was solid and very lucky.

A few unnecessary yellow cards were flashed by the Referee to DPMM FC players. Most of the fouls went Telekom Melaka's way and the Linesman on the attacking half to DPMM FC was also biased. There was an obvious challenge on Shahrazen in the box when he was shoved down by the defender and the Linesman did not even give a foul. It was a definite foul!

Jung had to be susbtituted with fifteen minutes left. It seemed like he had picked up an injury when he was also shoved down in the penalty area and no penalty was given. There was a chance for substitute Fadlin Gelawat to score for DPMM FC but he could not keep his header down. Tobar had a wonderful chance to score the winning goal but blasted his shot wide.

It was apparent the Referee for tonight's match was one sided and it really annoys me when this happens. I was so pissed I could not stop swearing (at the top of my lungs) at the Referee and the Telekom Melaka players. I felt good and I think if I do not stop talking I will lose my voice. ;)

But the ball is round! You win some, You lose some, You draw some! It was a good performance by DPMM and they were denied the win by the $#*^!^ @$$ Referee!! I know where you stay!! Just kidding!

Next match for DPMM FC will be June 2nd, an away match to Negeri Sembilan. The night of my Berbedak ceremony. Good Luck DPMM FC! I will also miss the home game on 6th June when DPMM FC will host Sarawak as my future wife and myself will be away. Yipee!!

For more info about DPMM FC make redirect yourself to their site [here]

No comments: