Tuesday, March 20, 2007

Cinta - Made in Brunei


After collecting my new ATM card from BIBD at Hua Ho Manggis Mall, I browsed around a mini expo on the ground floor.

I have been looking for this product since the Halal expo last year at ICC.
//edited//
Now this company had already taken into account what the Minister of Health had mentioned in yesterday's BB. As you can see above they have taken the initiative to provide the nurtitional facts of their product which is very good for me.
Ever since I started my 'gym-ing' I have also taken the liberty of looking after my food intake and reading the calories help alot. I was very pleased to see this on the packaging.
The sales girl was nice to me and I went red face when she asked 'Sir still teaching at (insert All-Girl Secondary School)?'. Apparently she just finished her 'O' levels last year and is now continuing her studies in Maktab Duli. I did ask her, if looking after the booth was her 'part-time' job? Since the first term break is only 10 days. She said that 'Cinta' is her father's company. I congratulated her and wished her family all the best of success.
Maybe some of you are wondering what those funny looking characters are on the packaging? Maybe some of you know that it looks like japanese characters. Well what is it doing there? We live in Brunei and not many people here know how to read japanese nor do we have that many japanese people living in Brunei.
Well - I am proud to inform you that 'Cinta' will be eaten by japanese people in Japan. I believe it was last year when I heard that 'Cinta' recieved good response when they went to Japan and have struck a deal or deals (I am not sure) with a or some companies/restaurants. Is that not brilliant? Something us Bruneians can be proud of.
To reply to Muslimah Melayu question - It depends really on what you are asking for. So far I have only tasted the 'Sos pencicah Ikan Tahai' and its very nice. I love tahai cooked in any way. I have yet to try the 'Sos Cili' but I have tried the 'Sos Cili Pedas' which I did not buy, and that was pedas but not like 'Lada padi' hot. The 'Sos lobak merah bersama Cili' apparently is a new product and they are using this mini expo to promote it. I just bought it because my baby sister loves carrots so much.
I believe what the company has produced is in accordance to the Bruneian taste buds in general. Tahai I believe was an important part of the Bruneian diet ages ago and still is. Unless someone could prove me wrong, eventhough I do not have much basis to stand on. But it is my assumption only.
'Cinta' should be given a chance. The Mini expo ends tomorrow -21st March - so why not head on there and buy a couple of bottles. If you cant make it, this product is already on the shelves of some supermarkets in the country. Support the local industry, without our support how will they survive and you never know, one day this product might be sold all over the world. Dreams can come true.
Good luck 'Cinta'! I am a fan of yours now and will support you for as long as you exist and for as long as I live Hahahaha!
//edited//

3 comments:

Reedz said...

Ahhh I've been looking for these sauces too! Ok I'm goin to HH Manggis later to get some! Heheh!

Muslimah Melayu said...

Is it good??

Muslimah Melayu said...

Thanks! You made 'cinta' sounds sooo yummy. You sure u weren't paid to do this? lol j/k. I love sos cilis btw...so might give this one a go one of these days :)