Wednesday, January 10, 2007

Meeting Mr Step - Missing Part

Interlude - iPhone unvealed!!

I posted about this in November of last year and also posted a couple of pictures of what the iPhone would look like. All was revealed yesterday. I read about it last week and a friend of mine, Mr Atos now working in Iran asked about which iPod to get for his wifey. I explained that it depends on what kind of user she would be and probably watch out for the iPhone. He saw the unvealing on BBC and sent me the link to this brilliant 'iPhone'. My Fiance has hinted that she wants one of these babies. But Eci told me even if anyone buys it early they can't use it here unless you can unlock it. Reason being the phone uses 'Edge' and not your regular 'GSM' bandwidth.*edited* Eci explains that "actually you can use it here because it also is quad band gsm, except as stated you need it to be unlocked. what i meant about edge is you can't get 'high speed' internet with just gsm and the current iphone uses only edge which is not available in brunei yet. of course you can stil use wifi." *edited* So don't go off rushing to buy it online. You will just waste a lot of money. So Eci and Myself will be hoping - more like praying - that Apple will come up with a 3G version of the iPhone and then we can all go on an iPhone frenzy Hahahahaha. To read more about it click [here] or for a summerised version you can read about it on Eci's - Fragments of Memories.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------- * missing part *

The answer to yesterday's riddle, which was;

'Can you tell how to tell/say three days in a row without using Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday and Sunday?'

Corrrectly answered by Anonymous - 'Yesterday, Today and Tomorrow'

Mr Step - the new French teacher in my school - also talked about how fast time flies. He was mentioning about how a few weeks ago, during Christmas, he was sitting in the living room talking to his mother telling her about how he would be moving to a new school and moving to a new house. And there he was sitting in the canteen talking to me and he felt as if it was only yesterday he was speaking to his Mother in Derby.

He was on the flght back to Brunei on the 30th and arrived on the 31st. Went back to KB to finish packing up. Got his movers to send his stuff to his new crib in 'River Root' on the 1st of January. Unpacked by the 2nd and on the 3rd started working at his new school.

In a matter of days his life has changed. He feels the adventure only happening yesterday and here he is today and god know what it would be like tomorrow.

Does that feeling ever happen to you? I think I have experienced that sometimes. Usually after a vacation or a working trip. One day you wake up in this lavish hotel on the most comfortable bed in the world and the next time you realize you are back at your own bed. 'Holiday Blues' is what I would call it. But really time just flies by so fast nowadays.

You wonder how Tiger Woods feel eveytime he is away on a tournament or Championship. One day he is at home with his family and the next day he's some golf course in Shanghai. Some would say he would love to go on trip like TW but maybe on somedays TW himself would rather stay at home and spend time with his family. Thumbs up to him for skipping the first cup of the season to spend more time with family. Now that is a good role model for many aspiring golfers and 'husbands' alike.

----------------------------------------------------------------------- *missing part *

On a different note:

Yesterday my football team KFC - Knightz FC had a match at Belapan Field Vs. Saidina Ummar Al-Khattab Secondary School. I have moved up the ranks from playing right back to center forward. I am still trying to adjust to it. I can score goals playing futsal but on the pitch it is a totally different level. My inspiration, Andy Cole.

I disrupted the defence and managed to distract the central defence to create chances for my teammates. Half time was 2-2 and I had wasted a few chances with my poor first touches. But I hope to improve again in the next match. I played the full first half and gave way to the other subs to have a run out in the second half.

I think the other team ,which included my cousin, Az Boy and they also imported my younger brother, Tenno and they both man marked me [hahahaha] has under estimated KFC and got caught out a couple of times and conceded some goals. We dominated most of the second half and conceded a freakish goal after a miscommunication at the back.

It was a good run out for us and it was the first friendly match for KFC for 2007 and what a way to start the year. Next match maybe next month Vs. my old teammate / Captain and bestfriend and part of Barang Dapur - Sambal's team. Plus I think KFC needs new jerseys.

3 comments:

Shiroitsubasa said...

actually you can use it here because it also is quad band gsm, except as stated you need it to be unlocked. what i meant about edge is you can't get 'high speed' internet with just gsm and the current iphone uses only edge which is not available in brunei yet. of course you can stil use wifi.

Anonymous said...

I have seen the launch on apple's website, and it is both Edge & GSM phone where you can put in your SIM card.
It will be available in Asia in 2008.

Shiroitsubasa said...

ok my bad again
well i'm not a DST user so I have an excuse. Apparently DST does have EDGE but it is only for Prima users. SO I guess if they can unlock it, it might be useful in Brunei after all.