Sunday, August 13, 2006

Bemused I Am

It has been a busy week for many, including myself. I wanted to give my two cents on some of the things that have happened over the week but somehow I was having one of those 'lazy' moments.

The Golden Jubilee of Teacher Training in Brunei - congratulations and all the best. Being a teacher myself I asked some of my work colleagues who went to the ceremony? Was anyone invited? Don't know! and No one!

Most of us at my school are the 'products' of that very Institution and we did not know of this 'Jubilee' until we watched the news that evening. Were we that ignorant of the daily happenings in our country? Maybe we were but still there should have been some kind of circular to announce this celebration. But Bygones

HM's titah that day was inspiring. It made most of us fall in love with our job all over again. And not because of the topic of discussion that day, the mention of the 'Scheme of service'.

The generalised idea of a Teacher is work-half-day. That's all people say but there are so many other things involved and I will not dwell into this as 'one has to try it to know it'. Simply put, that a Teacher's job is not as easy as many say.

The bombings has ceased and it has saddened many around the world that it started in the first place. A few days ago it was reported that Brunei will be sending 200 army personnels to Lebenon. I would like to wish them all the best and myself and many others will pray for their safety. Amin.

An extract from the Washington Post:

An instinct to fight back

Asghar Bukhari of the Muslim Public Affairs Committee,
which advocates Muslim involvement in the democratic process and opposes
violence, said, "It's not hard to comprehend the mind of a Muslim." He said
young British Muslims look around the world and "everywhere they are getting
bombed,"
so they increasingly respond by saying, "Don't just sit down and take
it -- let's fight them."


Indonesian military chief Djoko Suyanto said "There is a very great suffering in that region... that's what we see. We do not see this as Muslims against Israel"



Violence is not the answer. Have we not learned from history? I am emotionally disturbed by this and all I can do it blog about it here and create awarness amongst us. So do your part and help stop the bloodshed. Click [here]

1 comment:

Vixennova said...

Yes yes I truly agree... I am totally against violence and wars. Being prejudice is also not the answer.. Islam doesnt teach us to become murderers and being abusive.. they are other attributes we should follow from our beloved prophet (may peace be upon him): being modest, patience and helping the poor and the weak. Jihad doesnt literally mean to kill for the purpose of revenge ... I am very disappointed in our muslim brothers to takes pride in killing.