Tuesday, July 25, 2006

Dreams by Geeze MO

Cast a spell,
For time will tell,
Your love I felt,
To your sight I melt.

When seconds seem so long,
Mere judgments never wrong,
It is true what I feel inside,
When love and hate collide.

To muster up the courage,
My soul as the leverage,
Pouring out my heart,
And wish we did not part.

Dread to see your tears,
So painful to bear,
Promise you have no fear,
Only you I care.

Both mature and bold,
Heart as pure as gold,
Happy as it seems,
Life is but a dream.


--------------------------------------------------

I was once a poet. Back when I was still in college. I had a book full of poetry. Silly me I didn't type down the date when I copied this off the book. So play safe it should be around 1998 when I wrote this poem.

Geeze MO is a name I came up when I was in form 4. MO is the initial of my Father's 'nama pena'. He too is a writer and a Malay poet. He was my inspiration and the only difference is language. He read some of my work and he encouraged me to write more.

But over the years I've kinda been out of the whole poetry thing. Being more analytical rather than artistic. But you never know, I might just have one or two more poems up my sleeves.

THE END

No comments: