Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Unexpected


Last night I received a phone call from my mother. Seemed like an odd time for her to call. I sensed something was wrong. I answered her call and she uttered words I did not expect to hear. My grandfather was rushed to the Emergency at RIPAS. I arrived at nine. When I arrived most of the PHD's were there already. My grandfather was in one of the rooms. He slipped in his bathroom when he was about to take his wudu'. My uncle kicked the bathroom door when he was in there for quite a while. After a CT scan around eleven, he was then admitted to the surgical intensive care unit. I have known him all my life and to see him in that state hurts so much. The Doctor who attended to my grandfather told my family that he has internal bleeding in his head from the fall. I stayed around till quarter to two with my cousins and uncle outside the ward. I pray for his recovery. I hope you will join me in praying for his recovery. Amin.

No comments: