Thursday, September 13, 2007

First Ramadhan


Alhamdulillah I have been given the oppotunity to meet with the wonderful and holy month of Ramadhan.

It is a new experience for me to have my sahur in a different house and with a new family. I am usually the one to wake up my siblings from their slumber for sahur at my house. I miss doing that already.

I would like to thank my parents because they have thought me well. I remember my mom would make hot milo for most of us including myself and after eating the heavy stuff we would sit around the dinner table and eat kurma and sweet tidbits to pass the time and stop just before imsak.

After that we would go back to our rooms and rest for a bit and then perform the Subuh prayers together.

First day of Ramadhan also means the first day of the 'Gerai Ramadhan' at the parking area at the Stadium. I have been involved in the committee for as long as I remember and I reckon some of the vendors at the Gerai recognise us already.

The Gerai Ramadhan has always been a great hit. I remember breaking my fast there a few years ago when some friends of mine had a stall there. They sold these really mouth watering sausages and beef patties with their special sauce. I wonder when they are planning to come back. Definitely not anytime soon since then have a young baby boy to attend to.

Nevertheless, it is another exciting year for myself. I am just happy I have been given the opportunity to fast in the holy month of Ramadhan.

Perhaps we should all take a moment to sedekah Al-Fatihah to our beloved ones who have left us. Semoga roh mereka dirahmati oleh Allah. Amin.

No comments: