Sunday, April 01, 2007

I MISS YOU I DO - *Edited* 2nd April 2007 *




Yesterday, Sunday, 1st April - 'Hers' got on a plane to the 'Lion City' for a meeting. She will be back on Friday.
After that I had breakfast with some of the Airtrek Members - Deen and Ronny at U-Sop Cafe. We normally meet once every two weeks for 'T.T a.k.a Tea Time' at Restaurant Faize at Mata-Mata. But since I have been busy and also the other guys we abandoned the Tea Time meet ups. We talked about our rides, other members, things happening in the forum which I rarely check out *Sorry guys* and other stuff. We finished just before noon and I headed home.
Got myself a short nap and was unsure whether I should head to the gym or not. I had a half past five 'date' at the Empire driving range.
At half past four I was on my way to the gym to do a quick run.
While I was streching - a lady greeted me - Ms Murabbiyah *Hi*
I did my fastest 5 km so far. I reached 5 km at 31.41 minutes. Average speed of 9.0 to 11.0. I went outside to catch my breath and then a quick shower and I was already last by 10 minutes.
I arrived at the Empire Driving range at ten to six. The smell of the green grass and the wide green space was breath taking as always. I met up with my 'date' and also met another friend of mine.
I have not touched my clubs since late November and I did not expect to do well. I was just accompanying my friend and it was the least I could do to 'layan' his 'gian-ness'.
I took out my 7 iron and whacked the small yellow dimpled driving range balls of The Empire driving range. Result - It went up! A sigh of relief for myself but all my balls sliced to the left. Make that a 'Super sliced'.
I switched to a half swing and my balls went straight but the distance was disappointing.
Then I took out my 9 iron. Not bad for a 4 month layoff commented my friends. My 9 iron was working well. *Par 3 here I come - After June that is LoL*
I got tired of my irons and went to take out my 'date's' TaylorMade R5 driver. First few balls sliced and then it went straight but the distance was short.
Then I took out my driver - My balls went surprisingly straight. Averaged about 170 - 180 meters. Not bad. So I just swung my driver over and over until I finished my last ball.
All in all I think my driving outting was a good one. I guess hitting the driving range once in a while would not hurt. I would like to thank my 'date' for the invitation. I promise I will start hitting the greens after June, Insya-Allah.

1 comment:

SomCHaI said...

welcome back bui.. betah d betis ku nunggu heheheheee...