Thursday, February 22, 2007

Tea with a Celebrity

Today I received an unexpected text message.

During my 3 year stint as a Radio Broadcaster for a popular radio station I met a lot of famous people. I would like to say on the record that I helped push their music into the ears of the Brunei listeners and made a name for them. What do I get in return? Nothing and I never asked for anything but to help spread good music.

I made friends with some of the artists from our neighbouring country - Malaysia. I am an R&B listener and I was happy when there were others who dared to follow into the footsteps of 'Innuendo'.

Voices of Euphonious or famously known as V.E. was in its infancy when their single 'Ayu' was released. No one in Brunei knew them or even heard their song. I remember getting the Extreme pleasure album from Dafy and I played the song on the airwaves that same day. I wished I had recorded the date but that was the first time Brunei heard of V.E. and 'Ayu'

Dafy and myself got ourselves invited to A.I.M 2003 and that was where I met them 'V.E.' - Zaf, Lah, Shah and Cham. I left my CD in Brunei so I bought another copy for them to sign. That was when we exchanged contact numbers and e-mail adds.

Ever since then I do keep intouch with the guys eventhough I am not a Radio Deejay anymore. I am close to Zaf and today I had tea with him.

I had to finish my gym routine earlier then expected and met him and his mother at Yayasan.

I think it has been a year since I last met him. We always meet up when he comes down to Brunei. Catching up on whats happening with the group and other things.

Tomorrow he will be leaving for KL and hopefully I will get to see him again in June. He will try to come for my wedding. I just hope my wedding will not turn out like this which I found on Mr Pablo's blog. So Kesian.

I will try to get a picture of him tomorrow when I send him off. So till tomorrow. Ciao.

Oh and one more thing. I will be going to Bkt. Shahbandar for the first time tomorrow. Will post the outcome tomorrow.

No comments: