Saturday, November 18, 2006

Happy Birthday To Mickey and Me



Some interesting facts that happened on this day, 18th November:

1923: Alan Shepard, First American astronaut in space and he played golf on the moon. Fact found [here] and [here]

1928: Premiere of Walt Disney's first Mickey Mouse cartoon, 'Steamboat Willie'.
Which means Mickey Mouse and Minnie mouse was born. Fact found [here]

1956: Sinbad - Cast of 'Different World' and acted in some movies. From [here]

1962: Kirk Lee Hammett - Legendary and Talented Guitarist for Metallica. From [here]

1963: The Bell telephone company introduce the first push button telephones in the United States. Fact found [here]

1968: Owen Wilson was born - Famous for Wedding Crashers and his latest movie to date ' You Me and Dupree ' From [here]

Morocco : Independence Day
Oman : National Day
Facts found [here]

The person I am honoured to share my Birthday with is one of my favourite football legends of all time:

Peter Schmeichel



Born 18th November 1963 in Gladsaxe, Denmark, and arguably one of the instrumental players who helped raise the Manchester United game to its recent dominant position in English football. Schmeichel also played for the Danish team, Brondby, and has several major honours under his belt, including European Supercup 1991, European Championship 1992, and League Cup in 1999. He transferred to United from Brondby in 1991 for a fee of £550,000. A renowned goalkeeper, with highly developed ball-stopping skills, fast reflexes and superb goal area control. Schmeichel made 392 appearances for United and scored 1 goal. He left United in 1999 for Sporting Lisbon. Fact found [here]

I would like to thank my Fiance, and some of my friends who have wished me Happy Birthday - Thank you very much. Alhamdulillah I am thankful for my good health and eveything I have in my life.

Happy Birthday to You if today happens to be your birthday as well. May His Al-Mighy bless You. Amin.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

syuk jua bro ah.. birthday sama peter schmeichel and kirk hammett..

aku princess diana, pam anderson and liv tyler.. okie la, lawa2 jua drg atu haha..

Vixennova said...

Happy Bday Mickey Mouse... I don't know who i share my bday with.. and I'm about to find out..

Many happy returns of the day SirT

Anonymous said...

happy (belated) birthday SirT :) May this year bring you lots of chocolate cake!